thought i’d share a schedule of a typical homeschool day:
|7 am||homeschool prep|
|8 am||breakfast & dress|
|9 am – 1 pm||homeschool:
|1 pm||lunch & free play|
|2 pm||quiet/nap time|
|3 pm||outside play|
|6 pm||dinner prep|
|9 pm||bath, story & bed|
- i treat a schedule as a guide. i try to stick to it on a regular basis, but i’m still flexible, because if our eyes are open there are many teachable moments in just living life.
- what happens in the gaps? life.
- i try not to do personal stuff in the morning, like check email, facebook or blogging. i distracts me then and often for the rest of the day.
- i try to put a load of laundry in right after breakfast, other than that, the chores can wait.
- the girls often help with making meals and chores — it’s the montessori way!
- i have not included extracurricular/enrichment activities, but they’d be worked in as necessary, preferably outside of our main homeschool hours of 9am-1pm.
“Interruptions can be viewed as sources of irritation or opportunities for service, as moments lost or experience gained, as time wasted or horizons widened. They can annoy us or enrich us, get under our skin or give us a shot in the arm. Monopolize our minutes or spice our schedules, depending on our attitude toward them.”
– william arthur ward